We take off from Indy in 24 hours and about 29 minutes.
The whole trip still seems surreal to me. I think maybe its because I've never been to Europe, so I can't picture myself there. When I'm packing, I ask myself "Do I really need to take this to Italy?" and it still feels like a hypothetical question. Like it doesn't really matter, because this trip can't actually be happening. I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not, but I don't know how else to describe this feeling. I'm incredibly excited about going, it just hasn't sunk in yet. I have a feeling it won't until we land and I see the canals in Venice or something else quintessentially Italian. My thoughts are going in a circle. It sounds a little like this: "I'm going to Italy! Wait, what? Seriously? How is that possible?"
Anyway, I'm going to try to post often. As much for myself as for all of you. That way, I can come back to this blog when the details of the trip start to fade and remind myself what happened and when. But, I tried that when I went to General Assembly too, and I failed miserably. I guess we will see how I do...
Make that 24 hours and 17 minutes.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment