Italy Day Three
Today was Concert and Castle day. After a breakfast at the hotel exactly like
yesterday, we headed over to meet Andy, Spencer, and the other IMFA
instructors and students at the entrance to the Castello di Duino.
The concert was wonderful.
The students did a great job and were all obviously very talented. We really enjoyed it. I think Mike posted a video of part of it on
Facebook already, if you’re interested in hearing a piece of it.
After the concert was over, Mike, Mom and I went back to the
hotel to change and get ready for the afternoon. We went to a coffee bar/Panini place called,
wait for it… Mickey Mouse for lunch. Don't forget to say it with an Italian accent. It makes it even better with the accent. We all had paninis and they were delicious.
After lunch, we headed back to the Castello. The castle is a beautiful
mix of stone and stucco (I think it's stucco anyway). I don’t know what year it was built or
anything. In fact, I don’t know much
about it at all because all the plaques were in Italian. Everything was beautiful, but the grounds
were particularly impressive. I wish I could show a bunch of pictures, but it took ages to upload just one. I'll try again once we're in Florence. Hopefully a better wifi will help.
Tomorrow, we head to Florence by taxi and train. Pretty exciting!
Jenna

No comments:
Post a Comment