Italy Day Four
We are currently on the train that is heading to Florence
from the station in Venice. I got just a
quick glimpse of the Grand Canal in Venice, and it was gorgeous. I’m excited to see more. But first, we see Florence.
Until now, we have been on Trenitalia trains. I’m
having trouble thinking of a good example to compare those trains to the one I
am currently sitting in. I guess a car
analogy will have to do. The Trenitalia trains felt similar to riding
a city bus. (I imagine anyway, as my
only experience riding a city bus was on this trip coming from the airport to
the train station.) The Italo, the train we are on right now, is
like the limo of trains. It’s like first
class on an airplane. It’s awesome. We have trays like you have on an airplane,
but better because when I lowered it, there was still a good 8 inches between
the edge of the tray and my stomach. I
have a cup holder, a plug in to charge my phone, a foot rest (which of course
is a toe rest for me, as I’m short), a wifi connection, and a huge leather
seat. The only thing I’m missing is a
TV, but that’s ok, because I couldn’t understand what the people on TV were
saying anyway. I’m pretty sure the train
people come around offering drinks and food.
Also, my suitcase is tucked nicely in it’s little spot at the front of
the car, where it is not squishing my toes.
Which is exactly what it did on every other train ride we’ve been on.
My mom just thought of another analogy for me: It’s like comparing a cab
to a Cadillac.
Anyway, enough bragging about the awesome train.
Going to Florence is exciting, but it was hard to leave Andy
and Spencer back in Duino. I’m really
glad we got to spend time with them though.
And without them inviting use, this trip would never have happened.
Not much has happened worth noting today, besides the
awesome train, of course. We’ve just
been packing and then using various means of transportation. I did note two interesting things on the
train to Venice though.
First- there was a man mowing his yard in a speedo. I suppose it could have been his underwear,
but I’m choosing to believe it wasn’t.
Second- someone had graffitied “NO BURGER” under a picture
of a hamburger on a wall of an old building.
No, they don’t want a burger? No,
they do want a burger? No, burger! Don’t
do that? I haven’t a clue.
Hopefully I can post some pictures soon.
Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment